Frequently Asked Questions
Toula’s knits are designed with the customer in mind, and we hope each of our garments provide our customers a lifetime of use and satisfaction. In order to keep your knit looking like new, here are some recommendations on how to care for your garment.WEARING & HANDLING PRECAUTIONS
- As a knit garment, it is very easy to inadvertently snag or tear on other objects. We suggest you remove all jewelry before putting on and taking off your Toula garments to avoid any mishaps.CLEANING
- Try not to leave your garments exposed to sunlight (or bright / flourescent lighting) for extended periods of time, as this may cause discoloring.
- Toula recommends professionally dry cleaning all garments. To ensure that the coloring is consistent throughout, it is recommended to dry clean your entire outfit instead of separate pieces.IRONING
- Use experienced dry cleaners to safely and adequately clean the garments. They will be more attentive to the elaborate trim and other embellishments that are applied with a heat–activated process.
- Ask your dry cleaning service to file garment measurements prior to cleaning so they are able to block accordingly after dry cleaning.
- In case of spills, blot the spot with a clean cloth to absorb the moisture, and take the garment to a dry cleaner as soon as possible.
- Wool/Rayon scorches with too much heat and should be ironed or pressed on the wrong side.STORAGE
- Some Toula garments have a silk lining along with its natural fibers. If you plan to expose extreme heat you must place a protective fabric (a linen or silk handkerchief is suggested) between the garment and the iron or steamer.
- Do not iron/press the garment if it is dirty or has stains because the heat may set the stain permanently.
- An alternative to ironing: Hang the garment in the bathroom while running a hot shower and the steam should clear any wrinkles.
- To help maintain the original shape of the garment, be sure to button or zip–up any openings, and properly align the shoulder pads on padded or shaped hangers. Refrain from using wire hangers.
- Provide adequate spacing between hanging garments to allow the garments to hang naturally. This helps prevent wrinkles and garment distortion.
- For long term storage, knits should be stored folded or flat to avoid mishaps and to keep their shape.
- Always store your knits clean and in breathable garment bags to protect them from insects and mold.
Toula would like to remind our customers that our garments are knits. As such, please treat the garments gently and with the care that you would treat any knit.
- When packing for travel, fold your garments in half or roll them to avoid creasing.
- Pack a full and tight suitcase to decrease the chance of any shifting in transit that can cause creases and wrinkles in your garments.
- Unpack and hang your garments when you arrive at your destination. Any wrinkles sustained in transit should straighten out in a short period of time. If you have resilient creases, it is suggested to dampen a silk or linen handkerchief. Place it on the creased or wrinkled area and apply heat from an in–room iron or blow dryer. Hang the garment in the bathroom while running a hot shower and the steam should clear any remaining wrinkles.
If you are a retailer or buyer looking to sell the Toula line, please contact us at 817.251.7802 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general inquiries regarding Toula, please contact us at 1.800.535.8281 or email@example.com. Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm CST (10am to 6pm EST).
For media or press inquiries, please contact 212.571.2166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.